Tuesday, August 18, 2026

Life Together: "Power Through Prayer" (Aug 18)

 

*Jeannette Leupold at Royal Cotuit (Aug 14, 2025) 

“When we work, we work.
When we pray, God works.”


I don’t know about you, but I experience this especially when I visit our seniors.

When I visited Florence Bamforth, she was rather discouraged by the fact that there were fewer things she could do for others. I thought for a moment and said, “The greatest thing we can do is pray for others.” Her face brightened, and she replied, “I do pray for my family, my children, and my grandchildren every day!” I truly believe Florence is still doing great things for others. She may not be able to do all the things she once did, but she can pray, and through her prayers, God is at work.

Then there is Jeannette Leupold. After a series of health challenges, she is now at Royal Cotuit for rehabilitation. We had a wonderful conversation about family and church. At the end of our conversation, she said, “It’s so discouraging, but I never give up. Never.”

She continued, “While I was in Boston for a month, I prayed and prayed and prayed to hang on.” I deeply admired her faith. And I could see that God was giving her an extra measure of grace to keep going. When we pray, God works.

I want to thank each of you for your love and prayers for our seniors, our homebound friends, and those who are walking through difficult seasons. Please continue to pray for Jeannette Leupold, Norma Atwood, Gayle Kerr, Don Loring, and Julie Kennie, asking God for healing, strength, and a full recovery. Please also pray for Jane Peabody, who is resting comfortably and remains stable under hospice care. Her family, especially Pete, deeply appreciates your prayers and cards during this tender time.

If you haven’t had a chance to join us in person, you can watch our worship service on YouTube at the link below. Our services are also broadcast on Channel 26 on Tuesdays at 1:00 p.m. and Thursdays at 3:30 p.m. You can also read this week’s message, “Guest or Master?” (John 2:1–11), at the link below.

·       Watch the Worship Service on YouTube

·       Read the Message: “Guest or Master?”

 

Our Upcoming Bible Study/ Small Group

As we prepare for our upcoming Bible Study/ Small Group, I would love to hear from you.

As many of you know, the backbone of John Wesley’s revival was his small groups, known as Class Meetings. These gatherings were more than Bible studies. They were places where people shared their lives together. They began with the simple but profound question: “How is it with your soul?” They confessed their sins, encouraged one another, prayed for one another, watched over one another in love, and then went out to serve their neighbors and the poor.

My prayer is that our small groups may become something like those life-changing gatherings, not simply a place where we learn more about the Bible, but a place where we encounter Christ, share life, pray together, grow together, and become more faithful disciples.

As we prepare, please consider these questions:

1. What has been your favorite part of our Bible study? What would you “brag about” to a friend?

2. What has been your least favorite part or “growing edge”? What could we improve or do differently?

3. What kind of study would you most enjoy in the future?

  • Bible book by book — studying a book of the Bible together
  • Topical studies — biblical figures, contemporary issues, Christian living, etc.
  • Spiritual formation — prayer, Rule of Life, spiritual disciplines, Sabbath, etc.
  • A combination of these
  • Other: ______________________________

4. What day and time work best for you?

5. Any other suggestions, ideas, or hopes for our Bible study?

Please feel free to share your responses with me by simply replying to this email.

I am grateful to journey together with you. And let us not forget to pray before, pray throughout, and pray after each day. And remember… when we work, we work. When we pray, God works.

Have a blessed week ahead. I love you all.

 

In Chrit’s Love,

Pastor Victor 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life Together: "Spider-Man and Rally Day" (Sep 8)

  Friday evening is a highlight for the Hans . Joyce and I have been trying to develop healthy daily and weekly family rhythms. Friday famil...